Best Blogger Tips And Then he Kissed Me... | Katie Dale

Tuesday 21 May 2013

And Then he Kissed Me...

Believe it or not, in exactly 4 weeks time it'll be mid-summer! Doesn't much feel like it today, snuggled under my snuggie on my sofa in my chilly flat, or last week when I was forced to wear tights - TIGHTS in MAY! Can you believe it?! - but every time I get a glimpse of sunshine, my heart leaps and I break out the sunglasses and shorts and dash outside to soak up the rays in the hope that Summer is here at last.  
Summer. The season of sunshine, shorts, sand...and even a little summer romance? 
When I was a teenager I used to dream of having a summer holiday romance like Sandy and Danny in Grease, but somehow it never happened. 
There were always plenty of cute guys on the beach or around the park or pool, and I spent hours coming up with witty opening lines or scenarios where we might 'accidentally' bump into each other and strike up a conversation, but ultimately I was just too much of a chicken. The idea of approaching guys who were total strangers was really scary - plus I was usually on holiday with my parentals, so I was probably too embarrassed too.  
So when it came to writing a short story for a romance anthology And Then He Kissed Me I decided to write about a character who was just as shy as me - but managed to have a summer holiday romance of a lifetime after all. 
My story, Star-Crossed, is about a brief encounter which is hot, heady, and heartbreaking, and I'm so thrilled and honoured to be featured alongside truly incredible authors - Joanna Nadin, Cathy Kelly, Sarah Webb to name but a few - and look at the gorgeous cover! 
Plus - bonus! - it's released on 4th July, just in time for the summer holidays!
I can't wait to read all the other stories - perfect beach reading, methinks...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Read Chapter 1

 
Copyright Katie Dale 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .